Next: M-ary Signal Sets
Up: Collected Problems
Previous: Problem 14
The following signal set is used to transmit three
The channel adds white Gaussian noise of spectral height
to the transmitted signal.
- Draw and accurately label a block diagram of the optimum
receiver, i.e., the receiver that minimizes the probability of a wrong
- Find the appropriate signal space and indicate the decision
regions of the optimum receiver.
- Compute the minimum probability of error attainable with this
- Repeat part (b) under the assumption that the amplitude of
signal is increased to .
- Find another signal set with
that achieves the same performance as the signal set sketched above.
Dr. Bernd-Peter Paris