Next: Stealth Communications
Up: Collected Problems
Previous: M-ary Signal Sets
The following signal set is employed to
transmit equally likely signals over an additive
white Gaussian noise channel with spectral height .
- Sketch and accurately label the block diagram of the receiver which
minimizes the probability of error.
- Compute the probability of error of your receiver from part (a).
- Consider now the following receiver:
Compute the probability of error of this receiver if is given by
- Determine the signal set, and , such that the receiver in
part (c) is optimum and the average signal energy is equal to .
- Compute the probability of error achieved by the receiver in part (c) and
your signal set from part (d).
Dr. Bernd-Peter Paris